The Puzzle Files Home Page The Puzzle Files
nothing more needs to be said

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Puzzle Files Forum Index -> Site Discussion -> I have to say...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Werewolf

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject: I have to say... Reply with quote

that although I am having some problems on some of the questions, this has been the most enjoyable puzzle experience that I've had. I am working alone and it's taking me some time, but I am enjoying it. What I enjoy the most is that there is an "a ha!" response that goes off in my head when I get the answer. Many other contests have a few good, plausible answers for the riddles and the worst part is formatting issues.

I commend you for such an enjoyable ride (until I get stuck again). Wink

"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people" - Mr. Garrison
SparkPlug

Site Admin

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Smile
Electra!

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too commend the quiz!

It was most enjoyable until I had to bow out (coz it was beyond me!)

Really enjoyed the way people helped me out, so thanks to all those that did!

I've given up now..........stranded somewhere in "um" and also in another one............twice stranded!!! LOL

Great quiz...........just a bit too clever for me!

Electra!
Carootje

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nooooo, don't give up, you can't mean it, you really want to stay in there with the Minotaur.
Plesae keep trying, keep posting on the forums for help, there are so many people that want to help with nudges and hints.
You have to escape!

Caro

Last edited by Carootje on 20 Apr 2006 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Celebrate Life!
Electra!

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Caro,

I've given up on one I could do.....which is strange I know! But just around the corner will be another binary I'm sure......then I'll be grovelling for help again and feeling very dim!

The challenge is abosuletly brilliant..........I'm ducking out because I'm not up to it!!!

Electra!

Last edited by Electra! on 20 Apr 2006 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
SparkPlug

Site Admin

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Electra! wrote:
The challenge is abosuletly brilliant..........I'm ducking out because I'm not up to it!!!

Believe me, to have got as far as you have, you are up to it.

Okay, so between now and the finish you may need a bit (pun intented) more assistance... but what better way to learn Wink
Werewolf

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Electra, come back!! You have been such a great help to me, and I would love to return the favor. The math ones are the ones I do best. I can beat you with hints! Don't give up, but I know what you mean. I almost gave up and then I couldn't resist and came back.

"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people" - Mr. Garrison
bluejubba

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i used to enjoy the riddle web sites that you change the HTML but this is not only more exciting and easier i really like the fact you can get a right answer, go through more questions then get told the past 5 or so questions were taking you to a dead end!

unique, extremely funny yet frustrating Wink and makes ya wanna stick to it.

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
angiejla

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2006 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or go weeks and weeks with little or no sleep bacause the puzzles haunt you every where you go Cool

Clue Crew-Mysterious Pixie
s10eke

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2006 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or...go in the middle of the night downstairs..put the computer on becausse you dreamt you had the answer... Embarassed

Or you are sure you have the right answer now and cant get to sleep again you must have tried it...That happens so often..and not only me...I know more people who do it...

~*~The Internationals~*~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Carootje

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2006 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s10eke wrote:
Or...go in the middle of the night downstairs..put the computer on becausse you dreamt you had the answer... Embarassed

Or you are sure you have the right answer now and cant get to sleep again you must have tried it...That happens so often..and not only me...I know more people who do it...

Sounds sooooooo familiar Very Happy

Celebrate Life!
coral-seas

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s10eke wrote:

Been there, done that. I dreamt that the puzzle was something to do with an advert for a well known beer. Not only did I have the wrong name for the beer in the advert, the puzzle was totally unrelated to beer in the first place. Embarassed
WickedPlans

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coral-seas wrote:
Been there, done that. I dreamt that the puzzle was something to do with an advert for a well known beer. Not only did I have the wrong name for the beer in the advert, the puzzle was totally unrelated to beer in the first place. Embarassed

Laughing PMSL. Mind you, I do find that a drink or two helps me thinka little more imaginatively Laughing

I am also having a great time here - really clever puzzles. Nice one SP.

Electra, come back! help me catch up and I we can fumble our way through to the exit. I can do binary Laughing

Why do I do this to myself?
JuliaM

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: With grateful thanks for the sleepless nights.... Reply with quote

This is a little premptive on the 'sleepless nights' bit (there has only been one so far!!!), but it gets the message across............a set of puzzles that stays with you long after you have logged out and gone to bed is something special.....

I have to say that this has has been one of the most addictive puzzle sites I have ever come across....I am a newbie here, and I was delighted to come across this one in a link after completing another commercial puzzle.

The biggest thing I would have to say (and this is directed at everyone, not just Sparky!!) is the friendliness of the people here (the one time (so far!!) I have asked for help, it poured in - the people here are wonderful!!!)

Julia
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Puzzle Files Forum Index -> Site Discussion -> I have to say... All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: