The Puzzle Files Home Page The Puzzle Files
nothing more needs to be said

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Puzzle Files Forum Index -> Site Discussion -> The Podium
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TripleM

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: The Podium Reply with quote

Does anybody else have a problem with this when using Firefox? If you hover over a team name in IE, everything works fine, but at least in my version of Firefox (1.07), the linebreak character is just turning into a black square.
SparkPlug

Site Admin

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a known grievance with Firefox - it doesn't like tooltips (or at least it doesn't like formatting in them).

The only workaround is to show the team details in a pop-up window but that isn't likely to happen any time soon Wink
SuperGrover

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2006 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SparkPlug wrote:
It's a known grievance with Firefox - it doesn't like tooltips (or at least it doesn't like formatting in them).

The only workaround is to show the team details in a pop-up window but that isn't likely to happen any time soon Wink

The HTML 4.0 specs recommend ignoring linefeeds in tooltips, so the Firefox crowd is likely to let this slide. One workaround would be to implement a fancy-shmancy mouseover event that would almost certainly not be worth the hassle.

A better workaround for the user is the IETab extension from the Mozilla site; it allows you to open an IE tab within Firefox.

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world: those who know binary, and those who do not.
Em_nz

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aha!

I was just coming in here to post about the podium myself - but I see I'm nearly a year late Smile

I use firefox - couldn't see why the names were links but nothing happened when I clicked. Didn't notice the hover thing at all til I read this and then tried it in IE. I still hate IE, but it was nice to see what I'd been missing Wink
SparkPlug

Site Admin

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote:

Better late than never!
3x7

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2009 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SparkPlug wrote:
I wrote:

Better late than never!

How kewl! Now I can also look at all those guesses.
Thank you CSS.

Spark, can you explain why the right border is missing in some of the "popups" in my

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.5; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3

?

Life itself is the hardest puzzle
SparkPlug

Site Admin

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2009 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3x7 wrote:
Spark, can you explain why the right border is missing in some of the "popups" in my Mozilla

It should only have been missing in one pop-up (same team, same long username, both contests)... and the official answer is "because I haven't had time to fix it!"

I've widened the table slightly, and it should be okay now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Puzzle Files Forum Index -> Site Discussion -> The Podium All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: