The Puzzle Files Home Page The Puzzle Files
nothing more needs to be said

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Puzzle Files Forum Index -> Site Discussion -> 2 basic site questions from a newbie
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoSheep

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2009 6:06 am    Post subject: 2 basic site questions from a newbie Reply with quote

what does the red dot I received for my 13th attempted answer signify? Is this part of the puzzle or a convention I am unfamiliar with as I just started?

also...I had thought the B1 and C1 may have meant something as part of the puzzle...now I'm thinking they are puzzle "numbers" like "Puzzle Number 1, Puzzle Number 2, Puzzle Number 3...." is that correct?

lastly..this is fun and will probably take me the rest of my life! Thanks for the great effort to create it.
ASA

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2009 6:17 am    Post subject: Re: 2 basic site questions from a newbie Reply with quote

NoSheep wrote:
what does the red dot I received for my 13th attempted answer signify? Is this part of the puzzle or a convention I am unfamiliar with as I just started?

To prevent people brute forcing answers, Sparkplug has introduced a limit of 15 guesses on any particular puzzle in a specific period, when you are approaching 15, the dots change to red to warn you. Once you reach 15 , you will be unable to enter any more answers for that puzzle until your period in the penalty box is over. Your counter is then reset to zero.  Throughout my period in the maze, I only ever got frozen out once.  Use your period in the sin bin to think about the puzzle.

NoSheep wrote:

also...I had thought the B1 and C1 may have meant something as part of the puzzle...now I'm thinking they are puzzle "numbers" like "Puzzle Number 1, Puzzle Number 2, Puzzle Number 3...." is that correct?

These are grid numbers to help you find your way around the maze, but please do not post  the grid numbers anywhere.

Alan - Never throw the letter Q in a privet bush
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Puzzle Files Forum Index -> Site Discussion -> 2 basic site questions from a newbie All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: